Motivation Letter is of the utmost importance as it is the letter which primarily helps the admission committee members to become acquainted with your mindset and future goals as an applicant.
It is also the letter through which you have the opportunity to convince the authorities that you are one of the best among many other applicants, explain the rationale that why you should be chosen as one of the future students at KUMS, and the reasons you chose KUMS as your future academic destination.
We do not prescribe a strict and inflexible framework or format for motivation letters, as it is you who should write the letter in your own unique way. Nonetheless, there are certain points to observe which can help you write a more suitable and efficient letter.
• Clearly state the level and program (major) of your choice.
• Elaborate on the underlying reasons for your interest in that specific field. Make sure you address all aspects of the major or program you wish to study and explain how those aspects have become important to you.
• Relevant to your chosen program, state your long-term goals and explain how those goals can be realized by studying the mentioned program and through studying in KUMS. Focus on how you are going to use the knowledge you will acquire in your chosen program to make progress towards your future purposes.
• Also, try and explain how your personal skills and motivation, academic planning and potential for growth make you the most suitable applicant among others who have applied for the same program.
• Remember that you aim to convince the admission committee members by your skills, abilities and potentials. Making requests or appeals only serve to impair the idea of the members of you and weaken your status as an applicant with potentials.
- Organization and Format:
Besides the content, how you organize your ideas and statements is also highly significant. A great and interesting content written in a haphazard manner cannot carry much of an impact. Therefore, you should carefully observe the organization of the content in your letter.
• Make sure your ideas are sufficiently explained and you have not left behind ambiguous or unclear statements throughout the text.
• Organize your ideas with care and ensure that they do not contradict with each other.
• Pay attention to the division of ideas and paragraphs. Avoid mixing ideas with each other or fragmenting an idea by putting it in different paragraphs.
• Neatness is highly important in your letter. It is highly recommended that you type the letter and avoid handwriting.
• Make sure that the quality of the file you send is sufficiently high and the content is legible.
• Also, proofread your letter once or twice and make sure you have not made any spelling or grammatical mistakes.